Sunday 22 September 2013

Rihanna X River Island AW13

It's September 2013 and Rihanna is back with a bundle of statement pieces from her Autumn Collection for high street store; River Island. Now I've never been her biggest fan which is probably why I'm not that excited about the outlandish fashion icons second collection. However..I must say I was probably one of the first to have a browse through her new pieces. (Okay so maybe i was just a teeny weeny bit excited!) What was my initial reaction?..."expensive for nothing". 

I thought it would never happen, but it did. I actually bought an item from the Rihanna Spring Collection. It was the gorgeous Sheer Tie Dye Pinafore Maxi Dress. Now I can't remember the exact price but it was in the sale so I thought why not!

 The AW13 collection is made up of eccentric Rihanna staples. The camouflage and monochrome prints, oversized jerseys, leather garments, crop tops and not to mention the G4LIFE logo printed across nearly every single piece! The new collection channels a 90's vibe which screams tough girl with attitude instantly taking us back to Rihanna's "Good Girl Gone Bad" days as well as paying homage to her "Rated R" prime!

 Now lets talk about a few of my favourite pieces... 




  The first garment to have caught my eye is this yellow tomboyish shirt dress. (Also available in black) There's something about the sport luxe trend that I absolutely adore at the moment. BUT..there's only one downer and that's the G4LIFE logo stretched across the back. I love this garment so much that I might just have to turn a blind eye to the logo which I doubt ill ever come round to liking! 


Unfortunately this head turning monochrome dress is out of stock online (boohoo!)..but I guess i would have preferred this dress if it was a midi not mini! 


I basically live in oversized tees. The most comfiest clothing ever! It's burgundy, it's mesh, it has boxy sleeves and a longline fit. What more could I ask for? But yes this lovely piece is also currently out of stock..how unfortunate! 

Nothing beats my top 3 selected pieces above but heres a few others that have stood out just a little: 





Just before I go, remember I mentioned my initial reaction was the collection being "expensive for nothing" now let me explain why!. Maybe it's coz I'm a bargain hunter and I'd prefer to shop for cheaper alternatives but I couldn't help notice the Black Cold Shoulder Turtle Neck Dress

 Now I'm the type of girl to browse eBay 24hrs a day making sure I'm the winning bidder on every item on my watch list. A few weeks ago I came across this beauty. The EXACT same Rihanna dress for £39.41 cheaper: 


                                              ........................................................................

Final Thoughts...

 • What's your favourite piece in the current AW13 Collection? • Spring Collection Vs Autumn Collection? What do you prefer? • Would you want to see Rihanna team up with Topshop rather than River island? 

Check out the full collection HERE

 xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment