Sunday 6 October 2013

Day 4: Thoughts of a newbie

Oopsy daisy! Why does it feel like there's just not enough hours in the day? I've been so caught up doing God-knows-what that I haven't had a chance to do day 4,5 AND 6 of The October Daily: Blogging Challenge!..sooo here's a late post! 

Today's prompt/topic is a bit of a tricky one for me. Share your experience during your first few weeks/months in blogging. Why is it tricky?...erm because it hasn't even been a month yet, let alone a few weeks since I've made this blog. As a matter of fact, it's only been 2 weeks. So yes, that's right..im a newbie blogger!

So I started this blog in September 2013 with the intentions of actually blogging on a regular basis. I made a vow to myself to not neglect this beloved blog. I did make one at the beginning of the year and within 2 months I just eventually stopped blogging., but that was just because of university commitments and just not having any time for myself! So let's call this a fresh start and so far it's going rather good (fingers crossed it stays that way). As a newbie blogger, so many thoughts run through my mind; "will anyone read my blog?", "will people like what I write?" and my biggest worry is "will I get any followers???". I guess it's still early days and it's all about networking. Although my mind is so over active, I find it hard to come up with content to post..actually that's a lie. I have so many ideas but I'm a serial procrastinator so things never get done! (tut tut Leah) This is one of the main reasons I actually decided to take part in The October Daily, so that I'd be more consistent with blogging. What made me start blogging anyway? Well it's something I've always wanted to do and something I should have done a very long time ago considering I want to make it in the magazine journalism industry. I'd find myself always reading other people's blogs and then thought to myself "It's about time you made your own". So here it is....I was contemplating between Wordpress and Blogger and I'm happy I stuck with blogger, I think it's because I get to design and add all these widgets and thingy majiggys to my page. I still have alot to improve but give me a month. I'm going to shhh now as I feel that I'm just babbling on. Toodles.

xoxo


No comments :

Post a Comment